Today I took the new designer papers and challenged myself to come up with some simple children’s birthday card designs. I love to set myself a challenge and it really helps me come up with a design. These only took around 1 hour to create all three, and probably an hour to come up with my first design but after the first, the next flow easily.
I have used sentiments from other stamp sets, so you could use just a Happy Birthday sentiment, I also thought they could be cool birthday invites.
Click products below to find out more!
STAMPIN’ BLENDS FEATURES :
Add just the right amount of colour where you need it with the brush tip or fine-point.
Each colour (except Ivory and Bronze) has a light and dark shade marker, available individually or in a combo pack.
Press fit seal prevents air from entering the barrel and causing evaporation.
The nestable lids are easy to keep track of and have a tight fit for long-lasting colour.
I use these markers in my projects all the time and I love the different looks that I can create, see below for one of my card designs using blends:
Inspiration. Don’t you love/hate that word? Where do we get our inspiration? Is it something deep within us or is there an invisible resource that we tap into? For me its probably both, I sometimes pull ideas from nowhere other times I know that I have tapped deep within my mind where my creative ideas have been stored.
If you are having difficulty tapping into your resources I have some tips to help you get started and after all, getting started can sometimes be the most difficult part of creating.
1. When trying to create unique cards try and think about the person you are creating for. What is their favourite colour? What occasion is it? Do they have a favourite flower, pet, car etc? You get the idea, try and individualise your project to the person the card will be given to.
2. Designer papers are amazing inspiration and make design simple, tasteful and easily co ordinated to other Stampin’ Up products.
3. Go to the catalogue for inspiration. Whenever I’m really stuck, this is where I go for quick inspiration!
4. Just have a play, often I will get some scrap paper and stamp images, cut and colour and just see what comes from it. These can often be my greatest discoveries during these sessions especially when I approach these with little expectation of the outcome.
5. You can always just purchase a card kit from my store; easy to create designs with all you need pre cut and ready to go.
One of the best experiences is allowing a little creative time for you each week. Just enjoying the creative process will help make you a happier healthier person, well that’s what I truly believe!
Happy crafting ☺
|Sweet Soirée Specialty Designer Series Paper
I was so excited when I received these gorgeous Stampin’ Up! papers, the co ordination is simply stunning. At this stage, I had so many ideas and designs running through my head, I just couldn’t wait to get my hands on them and start creating!
The ribbons are simply beautiful and with the foil incorporated into the designer papers the options are endless. I decided to go with this theme, as my son was attending a wedding which sparked the inspiration. The above picture shows the designs I came up with.
If you love these gorgeous papers as much as I do, please consider visiting my shop where you can find these new exciting products plus more! Click here to view products used to create wedding cards Occasions catalogue
|Painted With Love Specialty Designer Series Paper