Inspiration. Don’t you love/hate that word? Where do we get our inspiration? Is it something deep within us or is there an invisible resource that we tap into? For me its probably both, I sometimes pull ideas from nowhere other times I know that I have tapped deep within my mind where my creative ideas have been stored.
If you are having difficulty tapping into your resources I have some tips to help you get started and after all, getting started can sometimes be the most difficult part of creating.
1. When trying to create unique cards try and think about the person you are creating for. What is their favourite colour? What occasion is it? Do they have a favourite flower, pet, car etc? You get the idea, try and individualise your project to the person the card will be given to.
2. Designer papers are amazing inspiration and make design simple, tasteful and easily co ordinated to other Stampin’ Up products.
3. Go to the catalogue for inspiration. Whenever I’m really stuck, this is where I go for quick inspiration!
4. Just have a play, often I will get some scrap paper and stamp images, cut and colour and just see what comes from it. These can often be my greatest discoveries during these sessions especially when I approach these with little expectation of the outcome.
5. You can always just purchase a card kit from my store; easy to create designs with all you need pre cut and ready to go.
One of the best experiences is allowing a little creative time for you each week. Just enjoying the creative process will help make you a happier healthier person, well that’s what I truly believe!
Happy crafting ☺